Sunday, September 13, 2020

Technical assignment #1

 Shutter speeds can change how a photograph is taken by extending or freezing the object in motion.

 


These two photographs are examples of a slow shutter speed. It catches the movement of the object creating a path you can see. About 1/10 shutter speed The top picture is of my dog running towards me and the bottom picture is waves crashing during rain. How I took the picture is I threw the ball repeatedly taking as many photos I can with the flash on due to poor lighting in my bedroom. For the bottom photo I took when I was close to it and watching the water fall over itself. If I used a fast shutter speed then I would have a more precise and clear image where the action is frozen in time.

The last two pictures are example of a high shutter speed. It froze these two images resulting in a super sharp and intriguing image. In order to get these images I zoomed in and maneuvered around to get the best angle and took multiple shots for comparison. I used about a 1/6000 shutter speed. If I were to use a slow shutter speed we would see a more blurry image due to the camera recording its path.

Challenge image recreation:
The challenge image I had a lot of fun recreating the image. Since I can't control the weather I used that knowledge to help re create this. I was standing on the slippery rocks waiting for the perfect moment to take as many photos as I could. I spent a couple hours outside in the rain to get this image. If I used a slower speed it would be harder to make sense of it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment