Monday, November 9, 2020

Assignment 3

 


Questions

  • What habitat are you most interested in? Why?
I am most interested in a koi pond because I love koi ponds due to how peaceful it is. I also like the Japanese architecture that is usually accompanying it. 
  • What living beings reside in this habitat? (Birds, rivers, trees, etc?)
Koi fish, lily pads, frogs, cat tails, foliage, and occasional water bugs.
  • What are the main elements or species you want to focus on? 
I want to focus on the koi fish because they are the reason for the koi pond, lily pads, and frogs.
  • What is the main color palette of this habitat?
Greens, blues, reds, oranges, whites, and yellows. 
  • What forms can you use together to create an interesting pattern?  Forms from the habitat and outside design elements?
Lily pads which are rounded, then the roundness of the stones, then the curves of the fish, the curves of the frogs, and a slightly curved well. Then a Japanese architecture piece to add a little bit of sharpness. The main form is roundness such as stones and curves of the fish because it creates a sense of peace and it will allow your eye to naturally follow one curve to the next. 

References


 














Sketches 


This was my chosen final image


This one was the first I made and realized that I needed to retry

Final Product





No comments:

Post a Comment